View Single Post
Old 28-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Dubs44
Regular Contributor

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Chas
Not the case IMO ; It's not treating Porker 924/930 (911) owners that badly , but I agree that EFI is a better solution if it is done right.

Any management can overfuel with little know how ; yesterday I saw a Rover SD1 V8 on Megasquirt fuel between 11:1 and 9.5:1 on the dyno and that was with a previously 'working' AFR gauge. The black smoke from it was laughable. What was amazing was that he was seeing 25MPG on his daily commute! The carb'd V8 in an MGB? 13.7:1. Yes, EFI is always better without question...

Whilst mine is not as slick as some EFI systems my KE with an MF2 is fine ; If I am honest it is a nicer and more reliable drive than my 944 Turbo was with 'superior' Bosch Motronic injection ; it's not randomly losing power on occasions for one.

What someone said here before was spot on. Get the MFI working first. If then there is an issue with a couple of bits on then I would then consider going to a modern EFI setup. If not get it tuned first (preferably by someone who knows what they are doing) and then work on sorting the MF2.

It sounds like in your case the electrical connections are not all that which will not help anything at all. What are you using to judge your AFR?
personally i'd rather not gamble an engine in the hope that the stone age management and a bodged on extra injector can cope with it, its old hat now, theres much better and safer ways to fuel an engine these days. if you're a stickler for keeping the car on the factory management thats fair enough but imo mfi is too temperamental when you try and ask it to do too much