Old 07-06-2015, 02:04 PM
DanFraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, over the last week the car has worked well enough to drive to work. Still rubbish though. I've now replaced the fuel rail, injectors, that circle disc (fuel return regulator or something?) and it has improved it somewhat. I still get judders, but only when pushing too hard on the pedal and it can be a fine line between acceleration and judder. It idles heavy but runs in 4th at 30mph without a hint of issue. I can follow the limit on the pedal closely all the way through the Rev range and can do things like 70mph in 3rd. It seems to do worse cold, after fitting the new injector stuff I pulled out of my street onto a main road and could welly it like a newish engine without a hint, then the problem came back after a few minutes. Only difference now is I don't see the engine management light on.

I'm starting to think of something along the lines of the fuel system can't keep up with rapid changes in demand or still a stuck valve.

I have barely any tools at my disposal but I can take just about anything off and put it back on, so no true diagnostics. What can I do to diagnose this further?

Last edited by DanFraser; 07-06-2015 at 02:06 PM.