View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 PM
JoeyBoyden
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caprixpack
very nice, how much work is it to put the 1.7 puma engine in the mk5 fiesta? been thinking about doing this for a while now.
Funnily enough this was already converted to a Puma, but going off experience with a friend it's not all that difficult especially if it's a Zetec engine already. Whilst I've never converted one, I did pop round a mates of mine to lend him a hand one day. Unbolting it is straightforward enough, support the engine with a hoist and unbolt the mounts, easier to lift the box and engine out as one but if you're keeping your old box then obviously you need to undo it and leave it in. Hardest bit is the driveshafts, mates was a ball ache to knock out the hub, then using a crane we lifted the engine out. Most people seem to jack the car right up though and pull it out from underneath, a few trips to the tool shops will probably be in order as well. If you can get a full donor car, or at least engine with loom box ecu a key etc it's a lot easier than faffing about going to breakers to get bits to complete the engine. An impact gun makes things a lot easier as well, could have the car running in about a day if you're confident, I'm an Apprentice mechanic and as you'll find with most things, it's simpler than it looks. If you're in Merseyside like it says on here and you need a hand, I'm not that far away!