Old 24-04-2015, 09:33 PM
cossiestu
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 150 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by tony66
what to bear in mind is that the body has to come off for major repairs...
its also easier to change the turbo with body off...engines can sometimes grenade-so you find yourself looking for an old or hit s type diesel to rob the engine from
the later oil pump bodies where the timing belt tensioner bolts on are prone to busting off-just after a belt change with the increased tension[after 2006]
in a lot of ways the pre 06 cars are better-you can blank off both the egrs without it throwing up a light-the oil pump body is stronger,and its cheap to tax-all engines sound crap-a lot better with a wee bit of two stroke in the fuel though

as before-bushes[and the bolts seize] look out for transmission judder on autos,air pumps,rust-they rust for fun underneath-and electrical gremlins
i dont do a milage that helps fuel consumption-but i got around 28mpg
great things to drive though,with seats etc down its like a big van
avoid manual-short clutch life and ruins the refinement
read up about them on the disco forums-they aint the most reliable thing on the planet,its not if they will go wrong its when

that said -i like them and would have another if i needed a 4x4
Thanks for that, gives me a better understanding of them!?
I've never been into them till now, nearest thing I've ever worked on is helping my dad do clutch changes etc on his S3 Land Rover, when I was still at school, donkeys years ago, so shows how out of my depth I am with one of these!