Old 16-04-2015, 09:53 AM
gcfcos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 560 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by london_chris
tbh, think this has been blown out of proportion, as a mechanic, its quite frequent to be told, the car makes a noise under certain conditions, please can you fix it. now without hearing the noise it is nigh impossible to replicate the fault/noise on a ramp under no load situations. now i appreciate that the customer in this instance has been outraged by his breach of trust etc etc, but it was booked into a garage for a service and mot, road testing isnt the end of the world and is fairly common, i dont condone speeding but other than the speed i see he isnt being silly with ragging it about etc. i have in the past been asked to investigate noises that the customer says only happens at well over the speed limits and yet when you tell the customer they shouldnt be travelling at such speeds you get a death stare. i have also been driver and passenger in road live mapped cars and sat next to some very well respected tuners etc at well over the speed limit on a private track obviously.
Yeah so true, I work in a garage too and always get the "over 80mph it does this" so now I say well I can't test drive it over 70mph and u get the Death Stare lol