View Single Post
Old 26-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Rob_DOHC
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePollitt
Thanks, and all points noted.

We were well aware that the tech side was lacking, and that's something we've addressed significantly. We have new cars to work on and new ideas for tech stuff, all of which will be written by a man who has been in the mag scene for over 20 years. I can't say who just yet (wait for the May issue) but I'm sure some of you will recognise the name.

There will still be colourful journalism in terms of the feature cars, because for us, the story is the interesting bit - unless of course it's a car that celebrates a great deal of technical innovation. Too many features, in my eyes, read like a shopping list which I don't find particularly engaging.

Like I've said though, it's going to be all new as the May issue and I'm keen for feedback and input. Some of you have emailed me already, which I'm thankful for, I will be in touch.

Right, I'm going back to hide under a duvet and feel sorry for myself. Bastard man flu.

Chris
Thanks for replying,

I've got to say though, for my self at least (and as a potential customer) colourful journalism doesn't get my sale. Car mags should be in my eyes about the car firstly and story time later. I look at feature cars to get ideas and understanding, I buy zoo to look at tits and read stories, the two don't always mix. I will look forward to having a read after May.

Good luck with the man flu!

Rob,

Last edited by Rob_DOHC; 26-02-2015 at 06:00 PM.