View Single Post
Old 26-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Evening. Newbie here ( 1st post ) and in need of some help.
Evening, welcome aboard the good ship Pf

Been a Renault owner for the last 10 years but after a Cambelt failure I have decided no more money is going to be spent on it.
We all have some dark secrets in our closets.

So I bought myself a Mondeo 1.8 MK3 2005, A car I have always liked and was within my budget.
Picked a Mk 3 Mondeo LX this week myself

Anyway picked car up on Saturday and having nothing but problems. Getting grief of the Wife saying I have bought a bad one. I am not going to be beat by this car so in need of some help / advice Please.
If it was a garage sale return it and it's down to them to sort.

Faults found are as follows :-

Lights - Passenger side head lights, No side light and Dip beam. Main beam fine, Indicators fine. Changed bulbs - still not working. Checked fuses - everything looks in order - still no lights. ( Earth ? )
Find the headlamp relays and try swapping them over to see if the fault swaps side. Also worth getting in there with a multimeter and checking what you have at the plug side. If you have power at the plug the headlamp unit may be duff itself.

Cutting out - When dropping gears or slowing down to nearly a stop, car cuts out. ( IACV ? )
Not sure on that one

Engine Idle - Noticed car revs increase on their own.
PCV pipe under the inlet manifold may have a hole or be split, this can cause those symptoms

Once I get these bits sorted I'm going to book a full service.
Good plan

Also ... silly question as i'm a little confused. Are IACV & ISCV the same thing or different units ? I'm thinking these are the cause of the problems for the idling & cutting out..
Pretty much from memory. See comment above re PCV.

Any advise / help is more than welcome.

Cheers