View Single Post
Old 17-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Darren
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 89 spec S2....stereo wiring

Hello all,
After owning my S2 for a year I have decided to strip the interior and give her a deep clean and make sure the electrics and wiring is all ok. I have swapped both front and rear speakers for Pioneers - all of the speaker wires were still inplace and intact so made good the new connections, cleaned the pods and replaced everything. These are all working well as connected to the sony cd unit that was in the car when I got her, I have now got a genuine ford radio cassette that I'm going to put in to get back to standard but this is where I have come unstuck.
The speaker wires are all coded and I have seen a multi plug (8 wires) on eBay with the matching colour wires so I can splice this to the wires I have (Ford loom) so no problem, the trouble is on my other loom in the car for the stereo power etc I cannot seem to find a plug (7 wires) that matches the same colours as are on my loom (Ford again), these are coloured as follows on my Ford loom and connected to the current cd in brackets;
Ford Brown - (sony cd black - assume this is an earth wire)
Ford Red - (sony cd yellow - assume this is continious live)
Ford Yellow - (sony cd red - assume this is live when ignition switched on)
Ford Yellow with grey strip - not connected and no idea what its for?
Ford Red with white stripe - not connected and no idea what its for?
So my 2nd loom has 5 wires not 7 as per the 2nd muti plug so my plan is to just get any 7 pin multi plug that will fit and connect the 5 wires I have if anyone can help with either photos of this plug in the back of a ford stereo or info as to what colour wire goes to which pin on the muti plug - eg from top to bottom etc
Thanks,
Daz