Old 30-10-2014, 12:41 AM
gjwilson80
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mk 4 Fiesta Weird Cutting out! Please help!

Hi Folks

I'll explain the scenario and then maybe it will explain the weird cutting out my car is doing at the moment!

I drive a W reg MK 4 Fiesta Zetec 1.25 (95-02). Bearing in mind this only happens when I have passengers...... I start the car with no issues and leave it to warm up for a few minutes before moving off..... then when I start to climb a hill it seems to struggle and by the time I reach the top of the hill the engine cuts out. There is no warning or juddering beforehand and the only reason I know it's happened it the battery light comes on and it's just dead with heavy steering. It takes a few chokes of the key to get the car back into life and when I do I need to keep the revs up to prevent it from dying again. When I've moved off again after a minute or so it's running as sweet as a nut with no problem - seems to only ever happen on hills with passengers - never happened while I'm driving alone. It's only started doing this in the last month!

I've cleaned the idle air control value, changed the air filter, fuel filter and I always make sure all the fluids are topped up to recommended level with the right stuff recommended by ford.

Does anyone have any suggestions? There is corrosion on my fuel pipes near the fuel tank as it was an advisory on my last MOT and I'm in the process of having them renewed - but they don't seem to be leaking and no smells of fuel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Graham