View Single Post
Old 22-10-2014, 04:24 PM
MK MOTORSPORT
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
In real world use, i find cam trigger installations are far more prone to problems as they are created by "Fred in the shed" instead of Ford / Cosworth and we see no end of problems with the timing and gapping of them and of course all the associated problems with the extended wiring spliced together and sometimes even then being wrapped round HT Leads for "Tidyness" .
is that not the case with everything that as you say if fred in the shed has done it ,it was used on wrc cars and most modern cars plus most motorcycles use cam sensors ,and as for the gapping of them you have to do that with a dissy plus bearings wear in the dissy that most people wont change so you have a gap that alters then as the shaft slopps about were there wont be many cams that do lol

As for accuracy, the camshaft is of course driven by the exact same belt that drives the distributor so both sensors are driven at precisely the same speed and with the same accuracy.
but one thing your forgetting the dissy is driven from the belt through a shaft then a gear ,were as the cam isnt and the dissy gears will have slack in them so surely the cam is more accurate