Old 22-09-2014, 08:46 AM
cossynut2
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 393 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by The Crocodile Hunter
Lots of the cars mentioned in posts above are going to cost you an absolute fortune to insure at 24 years old.

Your 2 years ncb are meaningless as you are already using them on your daily, you can't use them on two policy's simultaneously so you'll be starting from scratch.

Classic insurance is your best option if you're eligible for it, it might be a minimum age of 25 but im not too sure? Think the car has to be over 20 years old?

No matter what forum you're on, there is always so much BS on threads like this about how much it costs to insure cars. Of course you don't know until you get quotes but pay little notice to people who say things like 'i insured an evo when i was 22 for £300' etc

Agree with you, in my first thread I did say to him find out how much it will cost to insure a group 20 car and although I did get a reply from the Honda Civic type R driver, who is young and says even with group 20 his is only £300 per year, if its going to be his second car he will have zero NCB. As for lying about the details, forget it! Insurance companies these days are not stupid and as you said if he was involved in a major prang perhaps with injuries to someone he would be fucked!