View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 02:48 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 258 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by S18rra
So I took my car to TTS performance in silverstone today to have a little tuning session. Here's the results

I've got to admit that I'm a little disappointed
They found that the car was running very lean so sorted that out but said that if I want more power I need to think about water meth injection and a smaller supercharger pulley.
I'm not sure what the process is but they didn't really check the engine physically for any issues. Spark plugs, injectors ect.
Also my car seems to be idling very strangely, keeps dropping right down to almost stall then back to 1100rpm. the only differences since it was ok are the new air filter and I teed the vacuum hose and connected up the fpr which was disconnected before. TTS said that they were going to map it with the fpr connected as that's what the recommend but idle was still like this when I got home.
They also mentioned that they would put the water/meth in the plenum, would this actually help at all?
Normally it's up to you to ensure the engine is healthy and ready to be tested. Dyno time is expensive...so were you prepared to pay for several hours time while they carried out basic maintenance and health checks ? Had you booked this amount of time with them ?

Was the idle problem there before ? Idle can be a pain sometimes.

But if you added a vac reference to the FPR after it was tuned, then it's probably running very lean now. If they had time and were instructed to do so, then idle should have been corrected when tuning.

There are many places you can inject water/meth. Just depends on the setup really, and what issues you think you're trying to address.