View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Si74
Regular Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally finished the underside apart from where the axle stands are. Back suspension all on. Brake lines done apart from missing the plates that retain the flexis into the dampers.
Have new stainless braided fuel lines but the wiring to the fuel pump is baffling me as to where it runs, seems to short to clip round either side of the tank? Going to put in a new loom to the pump so time for head scratching yet.
Since it won't be on the road this year, going to drop out the engine and box to tidy things cosmetically and redo all the seals that have sat for 14 years, be a shame to put on the new dampers, drive shafts etc and find the crankcase seal leaking onto the clutch! Trying to stay away from the engine as it's only done 4K miles since I rebuilt it but a burton stage 3 head and lightened flywheel, new clutch are lying in the garage along with all manner of cosworth management stuff, hmm where does want stop, just want to drive the damned thing.

Biggest problem is in picture 5. Same both sides of the lower screen. Anyplace else I would have had a bash at sorting it but this is way beyond my skills. Anyone give me a clue. Thought of buying a pattern panels and cutting the bad bits out but think it goings to have to be the coachbuilders as I don't want a bodge. No idea what's involved but hoping the whole friggin dash doesn't have to come out.
Shame as these are the only bits of rust on the car

p.s. went a bit mental with the stone chip on the arch lips but since it will be hidden by the body kit, reckoned a good thick coat was better than a thin tidy one, lol
Attached Images      

Last edited by Si74; 05-08-2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added a bit