View Single Post
Old 22-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
Nothing to do with money i'm more than happy to spend what ever if i see fit, i agree the Spec R item is very good but i'm just looking for something that's good enough not the best, i got my cooler when they were introduced and cost me next to nothing and i got it within 2 weeks, it would be 2015 before Pete could supply me with the same he can't even knock out engine bay tanks in 6 months

The difference between our cars is mines a hobby, something to piss about with when i have time and yours a professional vehicle challenging for a title so like comparing a 205 GTI to a T16.

My topfeed cooler showed 1.2 degree increase over ambient after multiple runs
Lol your 100% right Chris ! The spec r stuff is ok Had Pete make the stuff for Julian Godfrey's fiesta Rally Cross car intercooler in the front and the rad in the back had a massive 20 degree drop compared to the forge stuff he was using ! Then we tried the spec r rad/cooler in a 500 race car and found unless the car was run in clean air which only happens if your in front we started seeing water temps of 115 degrees and rapidly rising air temps up to 48 degrees , So put the standard 26 year old 500 cooler/rad back in it was spot on as the cooler was just too thick and needs a good bit a of ducting work and bumper modding to get more airflow through it ! So in a 500 bhp road fun car I agree with James