View Single Post
Old 17-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
Have they really, it made the same power but it is Guestimated that in the height of the summer it would perform better that's all.

As for me using my 70mm Airtec cooler it's like you lot using a standard head over ported, So you see where the Airtec looses in ACT's in the summer you lose power in the head all the time
The facts are a RS500 Intercooler showed +20 over ambient, on a hot day it would activate the WI. The Spec R showed +7 under the same conditions.
On a cold day ive seen negative temperatures under throttle with the Spec R.
Intercoolers are all about the efficiency of the core & how much airflow it gets. The Spec r is smaller than the Airtec although its much thicker its designed to get maximum airflow from the opening at the front of a RS Cosworth. Its expensive because the core is far more efficient. I researched & bought the first cores for Pete at Spec R from the States it was a compromise between Cost/Efficiency. £700 was the cost point for the Cooler in this market. Far more efficient cores can be sourced but the market wont stand a £2000+ intercooler to get the max from the best cores.
I hope these facts prove that there are no guesstimates when im involved just proven facts.
Childish ranting because you cant afford the best is very childish some can afford Fords some Ferrari's.