Old 15-07-2014, 08:35 PM
BigPeBe
PassionFord Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally gathered the motivation to fabricate the exhaust to it's final form.
First I cut the exhaust from the bit where it reduces from 2" to the factory tiny piping.
Leftover:
Name:  putkijapumppu3.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  212.4 KB

Then I started to fit pieces of exhaust together under the car and tack welded it when it seemed to sit nicely. I used a leftover piece (the bends) from the former exhaust of the Turbo-Sierra. Then I removed the exhaust again and welded it properly. Fitted a one back box.
Name:  putkijapumppu5.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  186.5 KB

Installed it back on the car and started the engine, woah, too much noise now! It sounded more like a Honda with big ass exhaust, not good. Luckily I had a one spare silencer (also seen in the pic above) that was left over from my former Cossie-looker Sierra. Removed the exhaust and welded the silencer to the middle.
Installed the exhaust back on the car and started it up, much better now!
Now I have a full 2" system with two straight thru mufflers.

I think it ended up looking quite good actually, a little sportier than stock but not too much to think it couldn't have left like this from the factory:
Name:  7b6c4967-3ce4-4e66-8b6d-39be89a91286.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  135.5 KB

Gotta say I'm very happy with the way it sounds now, it's not too loud to make cruising feel uncomfortable, but the sound emitted when accelerating is really, really nice. Loud but doesn't cover the induction noise. Actually my daily driven makes now much better noises than the Turbo-Sierra.

+One random picture from engine bay. I changed some of the fuel hoses because for some reason the rubber hoses didn't seem to hold up.
Name:  putkijapumppu17.jpg
Views: 1210
Size:  141.1 KB