Thread: Brakes system
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2014, 03:05 PM
2Litre
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Dojj, I changed the fluid two days ago prior to what I believe was a boiling fluid issue.
At the same time I fitted new standard bosch discs and pads along with refurbished standard Calipers from GGR. Bleed as per ford instruction flushing through a litre and a half of DOT4.
It was very tight sliding calipers/pads over discs, and as a result were quite hard to turn the hub.
I have done 43miles since fitting and the wheels seem to turn a bit easier now but there is still a slight resistance. Is this normal ? do they need to bed in a bit?
Saying that I do not think this slight binding has anything to do with the boiling fluid as it happened a couple of weeks ago to prior the changing the calipers/discs and pads and these do not bind at all.(6 of the eight pistons were seized beyond repair)
I read a thread on here somewhere where Stu (MSD) was mapping a car and after a motorway run hit traffic at which point the same situation as mine occurred and as mine when left to cool down the braking system regained composure. That being said this car had no heat shield and I believe MSD was using a make shift one.
Mine is fully shielded and the down pipe wrapped, although it's a hell of a lot hotter in Malta! Yet with this in mind a car that's used on the track must be dealing with relentless heat transfers causing all sorts of issues? I would have thought this might be one of them?
I understand that there are subtle differences with regard to the 3door braking system and I am trying to find out exactly what these are?