View Single Post
Old 28-05-2014, 11:32 AM
123railboy
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise needed clutch slips when boosting

Hi, I am after some advise, my 1990 S2 drives fine until it boosts then the clutch slips in all gears but only when it boosts, you can drive it along the road at 30mph in 5th and it won't slip until it boosts, now I've spoken to the previous owner who had the engine rebuilt and put a new clutch in it and had the flywheel skimmed. But when he'd finished all that he then put a superchips ecu in it but he does not know to what point it was chipped to . Now my question is or questions rather are

1, should the clutch all be it a standard one be able to handle the power when it boosts if it is indeed new and the flywheel has been skimmed and the like.
2, if the answer to the above is no, then what clutch would you recommend, as far as I know all that has been done to the car is the chip, it's got standard airbox and there's no other bits been added.
3, if the answer to question 1 is yes it should then why is it happening and what can I check to try and sort it before the gearbox and the like have to come out.

Cheers