Old 14-03-2014, 07:22 PM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
IMO most 4x4's should easily be sub2s every time

60fts at drag events, If the likes of a Subaru on road tyres isnt getting sub 1.9s, they're launching like a pansy
Add decent tyres, and should be down to 1.7s or so wihtout too much trouble.

Add better tyres ( ie soft/drag/slick kind of thing ) and a well setup launch control system...and 1.5's will be doable even on asphalt.

However...most of the hillclimb and sprints. For some reason these 4wd cars seem to struggle to match the times 64ft vs 60ft.
Whether that 4ft makes a difference, the drivers, the tyres, etc etc. I dont know.

But a few friends race the hills and sprints regularly in their Subarus of varying specs, and they just dont 64ft the way I expect they should.
The odd time they'd get a very good one, but not consistently.

I could consistently 60 ft in the 1.8 area in my r32 gtr on tarmac, and 2.1 area in the supra on tarmac but everytime ive been to pod in both cars ive had terrible wheel hop, bouceing so bad ive had to let off then back on again my mechanics brain will not let me keep my foot in and break it

the one decent run I had in the supra was 11.9 but I slipped the crap out of the clutch off the line and lost loads of time still and then just spun all the way through 2nd gear.

im hopeful the r33 will be better the main problem I have is my gearing now, its like trying to launch in second gear as my first gear is 56mph flat out !

im gonna go out there with my suspension on hard and my 275/30/19 vredesteins and see how I go.