Old 22-11-2013, 02:09 PM
turbotoaster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackstrath
Wtf :/ I'm all up for mad aero, and will openly admit I have very little knowledge on it, but that's just stupid , super overkill I think for such a small light car
Why should the size or weight of the vehicle dictate how much downforce it should produce?

F1 cars are 150kg lighter than my car yet produce 3 times the level of downforce.

The more downforce I can produce the more grip I will have, the faster the lap times(assuming the gain in cornering speed is larger than the speed reduction down the straights due to drag)

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Aero certainly looks pretty crazy, though I think it's verging on looking a bit Heath Robinson. Perhaps try adding some design to the spoiler supports? Be interesting to see how well it works.

And did you consider going for a plated diff over a Quaife?
The spoiler supports arnt permanent, they are temporary thing will I work out where to position the wing for maximum efficiency, they will be replaced with double thickness properly curved pieces with weight saving cutouts once the placement is finalised

I did consider a plated version, but the judgement is that a plated one will cause more understeer into the car compared to a ATB, yes it can be adjusted through geo and setup but I wanted a very strong mechanical front end in the car to help with the low speed cornering which can then be calmed down in the high speed sections by alot of rear wing angle.