Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM
nixon_2wd
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren
Hi Nixon, I studied some composites during my early days studying aeronautics while covering materials and material failure so ive some knowledge of the subject, plus i work for a carbon composites company now so its daily bread and butter with the basic stuff.

I'd be very interested in reading the thesis!

We supply a lot of uni's doing Formula Student over here in the UK, although most are still using the stock Formula steel chassis with only the higher end and better teams moving over to composite monococques.

The hard part for a lot of the poorer funded teams is to prove structural equivilency which is required for the competition both in mathematical calculations and FEA as well as often a practical test.

I will be doing most my CAD through solidworks as i have access to the package through work.

In dimensional terms for CAD, its the suspension pick up points and dimensonal extremities of the monococque that are important to me. I have no intention of 3d modelling the entire body panels of the car!!
Nice!

I will be getting the thesis for you right away.

Our FS team is spoiled...

I have also heard that its the suspension pick ups is the hardest part.

What company do you work for? I would be interested in following this project so please make a thread when you start