View Single Post
Old 26-10-2013, 08:06 PM
MK4_RS_VAN
Part of the Furniture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bit of a delayed, small update. we realised the rs bonnet i brought had a dent in it across the front where the ford badge goes, so we decided to de-badge it

so first of all i completely stripped the paint of that area and gave it a good rub down

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

and then i made up a template and cut out some sheet metal to size

and here it is in place and clamped ready for merv to do abit of welding, it sat in there perfectly

and here it is once merv had welded it up,

once that was done i got the good old grinder out

and then we put fibreglass (p40) over it and sanded it down with the long sanding block, to make sure it was nice and level etc, still needs abit of work, but as you can see its taking shape nicely

i also put a small amount of p40 on the slam panel where it had been welded/smoothed, next up we will be putting some p38 on it to smooth it off and finish it
but for now here it is, and again im happy, as you can see its taken shape nicely

the 90 spec bumper i brought also had a small amount of damage on the bottom where it had caught a speed hump, the cracks where properly repaired on the back of the bumper, but where still visible on the front so i gave them a good sand down

before

after

and thats all for now folks,

as always pleeease leave comments and feedback, positive and negative, all is wanted and welcomed, also any advice etc etc

thank max and merv