View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 10:59 PM
GVK.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts

Latest from Pistonheads.

If an RX8 gets a rear end shunt it can fuck up the engine as the exhaust doesn't have any flexy joints. Can crack the rotors/tips.

Really?

I really wish you had contacted someone like Haywards after you had had the accident in the first place. You could have had a decent payout from the insurance instead of a dead engine and a scrapped Rex.

Basically because you had to that big impact to the rear of the car which meant you had to replace the exhaust due to the impact of the bike where do you think a good percentage of that impact engergy on the exhaust travelled up to with no real flexi on the exhaust system It all went straight upto the engine.

I had an accident someone went in to the rear of me at a set of lights and Haywards insisted on checking out their freshly rebuilt engine as any shockloading like that can damage the engine tips. Mine was all ok but the insurance company had a bit of a bottom clenching moment when i told them the engine was being inspected for damage with a possible rebuild cost of £2.5k....

such as shame as it sounds like a shockloading problem has occured and damage a seal or tip which has now fragged itself into an engine failure when you took it to 10/10ths.
If that's the case they really ARE shit.

Last edited by GVK.; 07-08-2013 at 11:14 PM.