View Single Post
Old 20-07-2013, 06:14 AM
4x4kiwi
Regular Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Dave. The 'Door Ajar' switches are actually mounted to the door locks themselves and are cliped in with two little hooks that are easily broken. Usually if the switches are actually disconnected (electrically)the doors will flash open and closed for a bit of time after power up before defaulting closed but obviously not working when opened. Between the switches and the graphic display module is another box of tricks called from memory the 'Auxiliary warning module' which also drives the group of dash lights (on an XR4i) for such things as radiator and washer fluid water level etc. I did work on this system many years ago including swapping wiring from a faulty circuit to another working circuit (say for a different door that is used in a four door car) and even changing a header board inside the module, but I would say in the UK your best bet would to be to get another auxillary warning module from a wrecker (breaker) or on Ebay. they were also in ghia's and possibly others so should not be so hard to find. I am at work else could probably find the part number on the box to search for. Hope this helps David (also)