Old 17-07-2013, 08:49 AM
scoooby slayer
10K+ Poster!!

Received 415 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay,
Arrogance shines through Nick Fact is there are a lot of normal joes on here that are willing to learn and do not understand every form of terminology ! So long layman explanations are required and repeated to some extent to get to the point to correct wrong information not snipe comments or putting yourself on the mantle piece because your more educated than another user . Correct me if im wrong but tech learning threads like this have been a very big part of pf since the start ?

Now I have known you for what 10 years and when you were helping me years ago along with Stu and the others you never came across like this you were just glad to help

I don't need to add anything jay has said it all, cheers jay

I have no qualifications not even 1 gcse ! its not something I am proud of but I was always at work even through a lot of my school time, I may not have any qualifications but I run the maintenances/repairs side of a contracting company and a farm and the 30+ machines we have are all old, I am self taught and rebuild engines, gearboxs, final drives, turbos, pumps etc. im certainly willing to learn as ive learnt everything I know myself from research and workshop manuals before I took over all the technical work was sub contracted out whereas now I do most of it myself or my employees do it under instruction.

I will happily admit terminology isn't my strong point lol

but I know what I mean and I think most people do aswell.