Old 17-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
you may know, but that's not how it reads to anybody that doesn't know so imo it's important to make the distinction to prevent any confusion. why get such a bag on about it?

i didn't say that at all. you're getting your handbag out for no reason

it's great that he has taken the time to do that. all that i'm saying is that it is not necessary when you could just put the figures in a spreadsheet, or any figures you like if you're interested in what diference they make to the corrections and then you can play around with data to your heart's content to see the different differences that a big or little temperature or pressure difference makes using each correction standard.

i don't know why you get so upset when i suggest that as an idea

1) why am i ruining this thread with my input?

2) i'd be interested to see what other threads you think i've 'ruined' and why

3) where have i insulted anyone?

4) as a physicist, doesn't it annoy you when people use the incorrect terminology for things that you understand and are in a position to inform about? isn't that part of the point of a discussion? there's no point all just agreeing with an incorrect statement just so the thread doesn't get 'ruined' by someone having an opinion

Arrogance shines through Nick Fact is there are a lot of normal joes on here that are willing to learn and do not understand every form of terminology ! So long layman explanations are required and repeated to some extent to get to the point to correct wrong information not snipe comments or putting yourself on the mantle piece because your more educated than another user . Correct me if im wrong but tech learning threads like this have been a very big part of pf since the start ?

Now I have known you for what 10 years and when you were helping me years ago along with Stu and the others you never came across like this you were just glad to help