View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Rollin' Retro
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Granada 2.8i cutting out

Recently bought a mk2 Granada 2.8i on a B plate, on the way home it ran faultlessly for about 40 mins then without warning lost power and came to a halt. I restated it but it was missing badly and wouldnt move under its own power. Felt like it was being starved of fuel, it would start and run for about 2-3 seconds then start to splutter then cut out. I left it for an hour and when i returned it started and ran fine again till i got home, approx 1 mile. Since then it will start first time but after 30 mins will die again, ive changed the fuel injection relay which was showing signs of over heating but thats not done the trick. I went for a run last night and it lasted just 10 minutes before dying, where should i look next? Im under the impression its due to something getting warm, hence why i checked the relay, could it be the coil or fuel pump? Ive had a look at the wiring and cant see any obvious problems. The car has been chopped about a lot electrically which is giving me concerns Any body got any advice please