View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
PepperRed
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Focus project/general questions.

Hi guys I'm not new here in terms of reading about your cars... But I've never shared mine. It is nothing special I assure you. Not yet anyway. so I'd like to introduce you to my car. His name is smithy. It's a 1.6lr Ford Focus. Pepper Red In colour. We are based in the midlands of England currently but home is down south near London.

Here is my car on the day I bought it.

Being a motorsport BSc student I knew I was getting a bargain when I bought this car for £650. 7 months later, passing MOT with no minors, and no issues whatsoever, I can confirm that I was right.

Since I have bought it I have lowered it with Coilovers and also stuck on Kei Force 10 alloys (17inch) on avon Rubber.

Since the suspension has settled, the car has lowered itself slightly more.

However, there are a few niggles which I need sorting out which I require some advice with.

First, I need the correct front bumper, but I have been searching for months to no avail.

(The above is not my car, but has the front bumper I require.) I would also like ST170 headlights to go with it. Does anyone know any Ford parts or breakers yards in the midlands (Fairly flexible on how far away they are) who might have the parts I am looking for.

Second, over the winter some minor rust patches have grown a lot more than I'd have liked. Soon I will need my rear arch done and my door panels by the wing mirrors. As the paint is beginning to bubble/flake off.

Does anyone know anyone/a paint shop who will sort this out or give me a rough estimate. I know it is a fairly common problem for the Focuses so if anyone has had any experience, any advice is welcome.

Once I move past these niggles, I can start to focus on some more technical modifications (although I'm not sure where I want to take my car yet so any suggestions would be welcome.)