View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:41 PM
neo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks John for your kind words it means alot i try and be decent and fair the best i can...

Keep us posted on the rebuild stages bud...

Originally Posted by jontysafe

Well, the good news is this time next month the car will be back on the road better than ever. The whys and wherefore`s aren`t important but suffice to say I`m a happy owner. There are some very decent people on this planet. Rob, you are one of them.

Am writing this about 10 mins after the first bit because the misses has fallen out of the shower, how is that even possible!

Ok this is going to be the rebuild spec:

all work carried out by Reyland Motorsport

Race spec ported head 26.5mm inlet, not sure on exhaust.

Not 100% decided but we are replacing one cam so will probably go BD16 Inlet or maybe BD16+ and BD14 exh, new valve guides, double valve springs, new valve stem oil seals, new cam bearings and WRC head gasket with a block and head skim not forgetting 6 long stud block machining and special studs. ACL race main bearings and 4x4 high pressure oil pump and modded pick up pipe.
Other extra works: relocation of air intake and beading of metal boost pipes and water chargecooler pipes. Pistons, rings and bores all fine but having the rings re-gapped.

Can`t recommend Reyland highly enough.

Can`t wait!