View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 08:36 PM
zetec69
PassionFord Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokey Cossie! help!

Hi, need some advice on curing my car from bellowing smoke/steam.

Pics below show the car idling after a good warm up.

Basically the engine was taken straight from my old car and never caused any issues before. It was freshened up cosmetically with a few new parts as listed below. I've built my new car up with this lump to find its now smoking. At first I put it down to the cold weather and condensation but then realised it wasn't going away and could be something else. Car is stage 1, has cone filter, mongoose exhaust, chip, yellows and -31 actuator

New parts fitted/work since removing from old car...

Head bolts
Complete gasket set inc Group A Head gasket
Mobil 1 Motorsport 10w 60 Oil
INA lifters
Valve seats, guides & head skim at SCS
Cleaned bailey breather system, connected to cam cover, kidney box, block under exhaust manifold & vent to atmosphere
2 bar map sensor (used, as the port on the old one snapped off)
Billet fuel rail and braided line from filter to rail
Fuel filter
Ford alternator
Cambelt, tensioner and auxillary belts
Crank sensor
Billet crank pulley
071C spark plugs gapped to 0.6mm
Rotor arm
Billet weber fuel regulator

I have cancelled an mot I had booked for tomorrow due to the smoke. Was looking to get it legal then head straight to a tuner and get it set up. Car runs fine but the smoke just isn't clearing leading me to think it is something more than just condensation. There is no smoke when it is first started from cold for a few minutes. Had a mate follow me on a private road this evening and it was marginally better but just the same once back and left to idle. Car does not overheat, takes a while to get hot, fan kicks in as it should.

Would appreciate peoples thoughts, I have a new coolant temp sensor arriving tomorrow to try out - failing that I can only think of possibly phase sensor??

Cheers

Brad