View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 08:37 PM
wes
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu @ M Developments
Jees, we all came back at once
but also

Originally Posted by frog
Now, if the decomp. plate reproduced the slope (As it was suggested above), would that be ok ?

As for worrying... I worry that if my engine blows up I will have to spend ££££'s putting it back together, so I'd rather make sure it's as good as I can get it whenever it's in pieces.

If that means a new head, rather than taking chances with 16 valves or holes in pistons, a new head is the cheaper long term alternative - it's not worrying, it's financial planning...

I am actually in the process of putting my other half's car back together, and have two heads that are both below min. thickness... (hence my keen interest in this post ). Now do I take a chance with either and cross fingers, or, do I fix it properly now ???
I think it would be quite difficult to reproduce the squish area by shaping the decompression plate, manufactures spend millions on design so these things work properly! I would scrap the decompression plate idea, too much to go wrong.

If the head has been extensivley worked on then i'd ask Karl about the welding and maching to get it back to original thickness, if it's a bog standard head (apart from the skimming) then again either talk to Karl or source 2nd hand ones, and keep the skimmed ones for a rainy day (when all the good yb heads run out )