View Single Post
Old 29-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Freeked
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben-B
Definitely made a noticeable difference to the throttle response. It's much sharper and if you're in the power band, you put your foot down and instantly you feel it, whereas before there was a slight hesitation as the air made its way into the engine.

Which bit it is down to (ST170 snorkel, K&N filter, Auto air deflector) I don't know, or maybe its a bit of all of it.
I'll have to get my hands on a set like that and see if it does any difference.
Before i decided for the engine swap, i was also thinking in getting the intake manifold, throttle body and injectors from the Puma 1.7...

I looked into FRS Brembos, but don't you have to get custom brackets made up so that they'll fit onto the ST170 hubs? I saw pics somewhere that involved cutting and grinding, so decided against it for now, cos of the cost of purchase and fitting.
Yeah...you do have to make a pair of custom brackets, and grind a tiny bit of the carrier but nothing major, and the brackets are easy to do, but beside everything, it's worth it.

US Rears I found on ebay, they're not all that common, sometimes come up on focus forums or other sites, but gotta keep an eye out cos they usually get snapped up pretty quick.
I do have a set i'm watching but the seller doesn't post them to Portugal, afraid that the set comes damaged, which is understandable.

Haven't fitted the spoiler yet no, it's on its way to my friend to get sprayed up later this week. Been reading through the instructions though and doesn't look too hard to fit tbh... just a bit time consuming maybe.
The Ford prices here in Portugal for the spoiler are a total rape...how much did you pay for it? PM me if you want