View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JOHNDQ
To be fair no Evo IV is going to have its own engine in now they will all have a V onwards fitted, but as said you prob wont get a good one for 5k the market is flooded with dogs and if you get one of those your fooked! The Evo is by far a higher performance car in every way but then the running/servicing costs are prob twice as high so i would say its best to think what your going to use it for i.e Track (Evo) or Road (Sooby)! As for the tuning my engine its self is standard @65k the only things i had done are to change the exhaust manifold and system, 8MR turbo and a Motec M800 ecu and its runs 12.1 @ 113mph everytime where as my friend has a Scooby P1 with full exhaust heads back, front mount intercooler, 750cc injectors, Simtek ecu with lanch control, a/c removed etc etc and cant get close to that, i no mine being a RS helps... no ABS, AYC, A/C, elec windows or central locking and low ratio gearbox but he spent almost twice what i have! I think im running 380ish and as its only used for tracking dont really need anymore than that!
Rubbish !

Both are expensive to maintain but scooby options are s
Cheeper to purchase like for like

I own a old impreza and I bet it's more than capable for 90% of people who drive cars

If they don't go wrong they are fine though but chase power and they are stupid money to mod,,, impreza costs more for mods for some reason but I prefer how it drives for me

They ain't a slow or shit car compared to a evo,, I bet if I drove Si B's evo and he drove my shed he would still do laps on track quicker (providing he didn't break it first)

Yes they are a poormans performance car but remember that a Uk spec wagon is not the same as a jap STI version in terms of power ect nor is the price with them

I've had my impreza for a while and think is does well considering it's a inferior car IMO