Old 22-08-2012, 07:45 PM
columbus autos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my laptop working twas a failed charger thankfully the misses has a similar laptop with i charger i could borrow.
Turns out the omiscan wasn't working with the focus and the delphi kit is working now the laptop is back online.

During my servicing and playing i had run the car with the airflow meter disconnected and discovered the hard way that the car is not self priming when changing the fuel filter - not a major problem manually priming but inconvenient when its already stalled due to air in the fuel.

Codes recorded were as follows:
P0704 Clutch witch input circuit malfunction - intermittent
P0299 Underboost Intermittant
P1632 Smart alternator output circuit - intermittent
P1181 Fuel Delivery System - High - Intermittent
P1180 Fuel Delivery System - Low - Intermittent
P0113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High Input - Intermittant
P0100 Mass Air Flow Circuit - Intermittent
P0102 Mass or Volume Air flow circuit low input - Intermittent

I'm hoping the last five are from the playing and fuel filter change described above. I deleted the codes and drove a further 3 miles with it playing up to get no returning codes.
So i drove it home again this evening another 3 miles in that journey it missed from around 2000 rpm all the way through in all gears and stalled 4/5 times whilst driving and the conked out at the base of the hill to my house wouldn't idle or rev for 10 starting attempts. Finally got it started and kangeroo'd up the hill and on to the drive.

Unfortunately didn't bring the delphi home with me so will have to try and get back to the workshop tomorrow to rescan.