View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 AM
M K
10K+ Poster!!

Received 60 Likes on 59 Posts

Still been busy on the car although not updated for a few weeks, been sorting the little things mainly,

As the front of the car is semi space framed I could no longer use the original wiper motor and linkage set up so needed to sort out something compact that would sit out the way and just do the job, mainly for mot reasons

So I used the original mk6 fiesta rear wiper motor, but 1st problem being the it sweeps 180degrees, so I took the motor apart and changed the diameter of the pin on the lathe then re drilled the gear where the pin locates so now 1 full turn of the motor is a 90degree sweep, sounds more complicated than it was,

I used a drivers side wiper motor and an 21" blade, this gives a nice sweep of most the screen and it all looks nice and factory, just need another scuttle trim piece to cut down as this 1 was cut about a bit as a practice

Name:  f3bf590d.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  103.1 KB

Name:  610f29ff.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  200.1 KB

That will do for the wiper set up as far as I'm concerned, only down side is only 1 speed but it has a park position so that's all that's needed,

Also spent a whopping £800 on the windows in total, full 5mm thick fia/msa approved lexan marguard hardcoat all round except screen which is a new oem item,

Held the fronts in place with bolts and rubber hose cut down and slid over the bolts to keep the window pushed against the rubber seal nicely

Name:  9b1a4f6c.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  126.7 KB

A few shots of the car with all windows in except drivers as leaving out for now to aid pushing in and out of the garage

Name:  68b8fda7.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  166.1 KB

Then last update is the engine build,

I hadn't been down to see Tommy and Tristan and the others at Field Motorsport since dropping the block off last month but Tristan got in touch to let me know I needed new followers for the head so I popped down there to see him and there pretty much waiting for me to give the go ahead soon as money allows to get the turbo ecu and loom and it's ready for the dyno,

Got these pics so far

Bottom end all built up,
200 block
10 proper long studs
New modded water pump
Oil return to block
New oil pump modded to wrc/grp a spec
Fully lightened and balance crank, polished, knife edge and tuftrided
Shot peened rods with ARP rod bolts
New cosworth racing pistons with valve cut outs
4x4 head fully ported and polished
2wd manifold with external gate trouser piece
Wrc alternator set up
Wrc breather set up

Few bits still to be fitted, sump and 2 piece gated baffle set up, quaife peg drive verniers, rest of billet pulleys etc but looking good so far

Name:  eb9a1771.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  66.6 KB

Name:  0407179a.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  366d07c5.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  126.0 KB

Name:  fab87cbb.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  111.9 KB

So it's all coming along nicely at the moment, a way to go yet as a lot of expensive things to buy now but looking good

Thanks
Marc