View Single Post
Old 24-06-2012, 07:44 PM
gibbo frst
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default poor handling 2wd cos..?

im running gaz gold coilovers with 350lb front and 180 rear springs and 215/35/18 yoko paradas and at speed the car feels totally stable in a straight line but any slight turn in the road it feels like the front is fine but the rear goes light and totally unsettles the car.

just had a bit of a tear up with a golf gti on a 2 lane racetrack and could not belive how well he kept with me. these bends in the road are not even noticable at 70 - 80 but when pushing on im ending up braking before them as the car does not feel safe.
when i had konis and ab springs t38 and greys i used to be able to hold the car pretty much flat out along their but now feels as if its too quick but cant really be going that much faster..
im pretty sure the 3 door hubs made it feel worse too.. i know an adjustable beam is the way to go and will come at a later date but wondered how people go about setting the coilovers up
ie rear hard front soft .. their is so many settings that it would take me a lifetime to try every one..
and before anyone moans about speeding dont waste your time..
thanks for any helpfull advice..