Old 27-05-2012, 07:38 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollinz
I dont belive the pressure switch is at fault,
If running the compressor for 1 min cause over pressure and vented then this tells me there is definatly a blockage in the system,

You can bridge the pressure switch to see if it cuts in, this will at least tell you if it is the switch tripping it out but it 100% has a blockage that needs to be sorted,

Vaccum it down for around 2 hours "should" remove any sludging,

I work on hgv's mainly so cant coment regarding hardware fitted to this particular car but ac is ac,

And as said above... Watch what your doing with this stuff, its not nice stuff,
Ive had a pipe on a eurorider coach blow before... 11000 kg's of gas exploding out the back of the coach as i was stood there!!!!!! Scary stuff!! Could of quite easily ended in disaster!
if you put a positive to the compressor you will get the compressor to run because you will be engaging the electromagnetic clutch

all this tells you is that the clutch is working and the last/first thing that stops working when there is a problem with the ac system is that the compressor doesn't get any power because it's designed to stop this sort of thing from happening

and i should know as i've just changed the clutch on mine as the wire inside had broken and it was the last thing he checked after checking all the other stuff and pressurising the system and all that stuff