Old 22-05-2012, 07:28 PM
petayV8
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok im new here but thought i would sign up and shed some light on the subject. Ive been trying to find the loom for weeks now to fit my temp sensor after installing the trip. The loom was there for the trip and the WH/BL BR/YW wire were coming out of the connector so naturally of course the looms somewhere! wrong its not i found out my MK 1.5 3dr zetec has the loom in place for the trip HOWEVER the wires for the temp sensor are abandoned before they reach the bulkhead! I can comfirm 100% anyone who find the SAME connector stuffed above the driver side headlight its NOT the temp sensor loom, (in fact i pretty sure its for the ST170 self leveling HID lights option) the other loose connector coming from the fog is also NOT the temp sensor loom. So in a nut shell if the loom for the sensor isnt obvious and you cant find it where it should be (under the radiator behind lower grill ive read) then ford abandoned the loom before it reaches the engine bay FACT. maybe more common on MK1.5?

what you need to do is cut the WH/BK BN/YW wires that come out of your trip (pins 10, 11) buy some loom i bought 2.5m for each wire ran it behind dash towards glove box, theres a small hole (you can see light) where the blower fan is i ran it thru there up thru the pollen filter under some cracks in the seal, into the engine bay down past the battery to the crossmember. works a treate.

a useful bit of info is here, if you get confused with the wires etc

http://www.luckyb.pwp.blueyonder.co....too%20comp.pdf

Hope this helps everyone and save some faffing about like i have for 2 weeks!

next project, leccy mirrors. (new door loom required - ebay £10)