View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:24 PM
james kiely
10K+ Poster!!

Received 424 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridgey
It should be pretty handy with that spec on it .
Consider Oil and Power steering coolers if you haven't already got them.
cheers mate ,i will put them on the shopping list.im wondering why all this time i have shelves full of uprated parts and hadnt considered a track car

Originally Posted by Porkie
Bufty for sure. I so so so love concours... getting up super early, polishing my car for hours, sitting in a deckchair in my RS polo shirt.. making sure the wheel centres are all lined up and stuff. Thats what rocks my world. I especially love looking at concours on brand new cars. Those are the proper guys. I mean why would you wanna restore and clean an old classic? best concours cars are stuff like brand new mk2 Focus RS. They are crap on track anyway. So may as well shine them up! shining up a new car is SO impressive.
i here you porkie ,i love a clean car ,but buftying is not for me .
but i can understand why guys are into it at the same time

Originally Posted by Mike C
Only half of them are road legal and not in bits at the moment!

James, get on track in something you're happy to rag and not worry about damaging and see how you get on and decide from there.

I like my cars to be super-clean, even the ones I'm happy to rag, but don't go in for the concours way of life. I love to see a well cared for example of anything, but not to the detriment of being able to drive the car anywhere.
mike ,i will be happy with the saff for the time being ,if i crash it i will just transfer the bits too another until i know what i want power and handling wise .once im 110%happy i will transfer everything into my ex groupa sierra