Old 29-04-2012, 10:06 PM
PhilCook
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, had the car running for a little while. Used it for a couple of trips here and there. Had it booked in with my mate for its rewire this sunday. However, on thursday night, the car had other ideas.

Drove to Morrisons in the rain to get some food. Car started to misfire a little, then cut out. Rolled it into a space and went to do my shopping. Got my mate to come tow me home and ditched it on the drive. No way I was pissing about in the rain.

So lay in bed later that night and though "I am sure that fuel computer was beeping at me when I set off, but the gauge said 1/2 tank" LOL. Ran out of petrol havent I.

Next day, waled to the garage, got 10litres of suer, poured it in, and proceeded to turn the key.............. fuck all. Just turning over. Hmmm.

So, I whipped the plugs out to check them

Oh deary me. They shouldnt look like that. So, then took off the top boost hose

At this point, I just wanted to take an axe to every panel

Seems the rain has been pissing through the bonnet vent onto the shitty K&N cone filter, seeped through and collected in the metering unit. As I have turned left into the car park, its all poured into the boost hose and been sucked up into the engine, hydrolocking it, probably bending a rod. So, all that hard work over the last couple of months has gone to shit, and the bottom end is now scrap.

So I better get stripping it down ready for a replacement engine

I think thast rod may be bent

Bores seem to have a lip on them anyways, with no hone marks

and as it stands, a boot full of bits

Plan for this week is speak to engineers, see how much to block oilways in another zetec bottom end and braise oil breathers into the block. If that cost is going to be sky high, I will throw a standard 1.6 CVH engine in it.