Old 28-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Haribo11
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Wheel Drive Saph Project update 27/8/13 now set up and cleaned!

Hi there
I have recently got my hands on a 1988 flint grey sapphire cosworth in need of you could say some tlc!
I picked the car up this week from south Wales it was being sold as requiring some welding for an mot not quite the case as discovered today.
The car has loads of history and thousands of pound of receipts including a recent engine rebuild recon gearbox and turbo.
Mechanically all seems very good it just has a fair bit of rot on the underside!
The plan was going to be to do all required welding and get the car on the road for the summer,after having my friend carry out an mot today those plans have now changed.
There is rather a long list of small items that need doing but the main issues being ther rust ie both sills inner and outer,front floor pans,boot floor both sides,bulkhead where brake servo is located and the rear crossmember is split from end to end.
The car also requires both rear arches as these are in a very bad way apart from these problems all is good!
The decision has now been made to strip the car to a bare shell and start again from the ground up this won't be the first time as I done the same to my series 1 rs turbo 8 years ago, in times like this it is very handy that I am a panel beater and have a fully equipped bodyshop at my dispposal!
I will update this thread regularly with pictures to show everyone how it's going I may comments and support may be helpfull for the long haul ahead.

Here are some pictures of the car when we collected it this week hopefully they have come out alright not sure if I have loaded the pics up correctly
More pics and updates to come soon will be starting the strip out over next week
Cheers Ben

Last edited by Haribo11; 27-08-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Updated