Old 31-01-2012, 08:56 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by StephTell
That's more than helpful mate, cheers!

The FPR I have is the one currently on the bike so that should be fine!
Same goes for the pump and fueltank: the tank doesn't have an internal filter anymore.
The pump (wich is external) draws fuel from the tank through a large fulefilter wich is ment for injected vehicles.

All I need to do is sort out a return to the tank.

I'll also need a lambdasender, will fit that directly after the turbo as I've no exhaustpipe...

As for coolant sensor: My bike is not water but oilcooled...so how do I go about that one?
The normal operating temps for oil will be different to those for coolant...?
Will probbaly fleece you for info along the way if you don't mind!
If you currently use carbs, then it is highly unlikely the same FPR will work with the pressures required for fuel injection.

And you dont need a boost referenced FPR. You can just as easily run a static fixed pressure of say 60psi, or whatever is suitable for the pump and boost pressure you intend to use. But most aftermarket regs ( and OEM regs ) have the ability to accept a boost/vac reg, so makes sense to retain it.

You could simply monitor oil temps and use that as engine temperature. Makes sense than trying to use anything else.

Unless it's for logging purposes, you dont need a lambda sensor fitted permanently, especially if it cannot be mounted in a good location. If there is no exhaust at all, and you mount it where it can see fresh air, it will give false readings from time to time.
And they generally dont like a lot of heat, so in a turbo manifold isnt ideal. Although you can get little extensions to lift them away from the heat a bit.

As for ecu. More importantly is who will be installing and tuning this ? Ive never heard any good reports about KMS.

And what exactly do you want the ecu to do ? Fuel ? Sparks, Launch control ? Traction of some sort ? Boost control ? Shift gears etc ?
And unless it will all be tuned on a dyno, good datalogging should be considered essential.