Old 17-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
So what bolts/parts should I order from Ford to be on the safe side when lowering the car then mate??

They are still definitely an option, because as good as it'd look going lower, I really don't want to run into problems with arch clearance and have to modify them.

Cheers,
Grant

I got a full set of hub bolts, and two bottom arm bolts mate, just to be safe, there not cheap from ford like

You know how many sets of wheels ive had on mine mate, and the only problem set was the escos rims, but there COMPLETELY the wrong offset. ive chopped the lip off my rear arches now, because i got some 18's, that are on it now, and there slightly the wrong offset, and had 225/40's on, and i had the car at a meet the day after i fitted them, so i did the arches, as i didnt have time to get anymore tyres. ive got 215/35 on now like, and even with three in the back, it doesnt catch, but that said, ive got no arch lip

but in all seriousness, i had 18's on before, with 215/35, before i cut the arch lip off, and i had no problem with the car full of people, with a boot full of shopping, so aslong as you get wheels that are the rite offset, with 215/35 tyres, you could get my springs, and have zero arch clearence issue's, and as i said, and glenn confirmed, mine drives nice, its not to harsh