View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:23 PM
thestereoelf1
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face reply to your question for cutting out

Hello, well i have a mondeo tdci 2002 and i have just started having a problem with mine cutting out under load, more so after accelerating while in cruise control.
I have not done any diag yet but will be tomorrow, first thing i will check is the injector leak off, under differing conditions this can cause simmilar symptoms.
drives fine but when loaded up looses power, but not all the time, then i will check prv, pressure relief valve on the end of the rail, there should be no discharge of fuel, after that i will look at sensors, these can be checked with a multimeter set to measure ohms, a typical inductive sensor should read somewhere between 1150 to 1850 ohms.
the fuel control solenoid should measure a lot less, usually around 20 to 30 ohms at twenty degrees coolant temp.
these can be difficult to check without a scope as you need to measure the square wave form, if it is reading a wide pulse width, there could be a fault mechanically, it goes to full fuel volume and you will see fuel pressure irregularities, the ecu will pick this up and activate the fault light.
I have personally serviced this vehicle throughout and found no problems with swarf or diesel bug,( jelly) in the filter and i have removed the egr, cleaned and checked it and all piping with a mityvac vac pump.
If i can sort this i will post what i find.