Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 PM
thunder saloon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default excellent

thanks for your replies guys.

as i said i am completely unsure of exact origin but managed to get bill greer of greer sport engineering ltd have a look just after i bought it and he said along the same lines as yourself with the exception of the fact he thought it may have been one of a few special builds by gertac based on btcc cars. but was sure it was an rs500 shell due to something about the front chassis leg "gussets". he also confirmed that the work must have been done by gertac that he suspected 4wd with some kind of v8 and that the front subframe assy is a world cup crossmember that i will likely have to manufacture bottom arms for.

i am by no means anywhere near an expert but i am certainly mechanically minded and have done my fair share of work on cosworths, subaru's etc including a few "grpa" cars including a couple of fast ford feature cars so dont mind how long it takes to complete but my main criteria is that it must be reliable and well put together as i dont want to be constantly breaking things and it must be safer than safe as i will, once used to the car, push it to its limits as it should be driven.

i have never found any form of id or even writing on the car apart from the windscreen that is split electirc heating, is around 7 layers thick and has motorsport printed on it. is there anywhere it may be hidden as there is no floor number and it certainly looks original around that area apart from the seat runners and when you look underneath the panel there is no indent where they should be.

??????

Last edited by thunder saloon; 11-11-2011 at 07:05 PM.