10K+ Poster!!

Received 60 Likes on 59 Posts

I have camber shims so will look into that when the time comes

Small updates as haven't really had a chance to do much lately

Fitted the new ATL fuel level sender to the fuel tank

Name:  b4dcfcf4.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  79.6 KB

Also after a lot of faffing around i have decided to use the rear steering arms that Andrew made for the car, there is a few reason that i have decided to use these rather than the proper wrc steering arms i have

First reason is that Andrew used the same box metal type set up on his own race winning focus so there is absolutely no doubt they are up to the job

Here is a pic of Andrews ones on his focus
Name:  24032008178.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  79.2 KB

Here is a few pics of mine fitted back to my fiesta tonight

Name:  IMG_2008.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2007.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  80.0 KB

Wheel sitting in the rear arch (obviously not adjusted properly)
Name:  IMG_2009.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  108.6 KB

The other reason for using Andrews is that because the wrc rear steering arms were designed to allow use of a 15" gravel wheel they position the rear link bars a lot closer together and this is not how Andrew angled/designed them where the opposite end of the link attaches to the bracket on the car so when using the wrc steering arms the rear rose joints on the link arm nearest the front of the car on each side lock out, even with the highest misalignment rose joints they still lock out and leave no adjustment to lengthen/shorten the ink arms so although Andrews look a bit industrial they are designed to fit my car, my bracket angles and the larger 18" wheels so they are going on, to use the wrc ones will cost me at least another £100 to have new pins etc made and i do not see the point

I just need to have a few more of these alloy rose joint reducer spacers made up as there the exact size for 5/8" rose joints and the box steering arms so hopefully Andrew still has some or i will need to have more made up by kenny

I accidentally sold them on with my old tca's and comp struts not realizing i was gonna need them again as i thought id be using the wrc arms hopefully Andrew can help me out there

I also got a few fittings through from Alex at Torques.co.uk so made up the fuel lines between pumps and filters that are sealed in the box under the rear of the car,

Here is 1 of them along with the new Goodridge AN spanners i bought
Name:  IMG_2013.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  154.2 KB

I have gone for the teflon braided stuff to try and eliminate the fumes as i hate getting headaches everytime you get in the car

That's all really, nothing major but it is all progress

Thanks
Marc