Thread: GYM TIME
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 05:29 AM
Kieron
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn.
Thanks bud i will have a word with my mate.So instead of doing 4 exercises for my chest and say 4 for my triceps on one day do i just do 4 drop sets for my chest and tris.
No. 4 different exercises per bodypart, each with 3 working sets. Dropset a working set.

i.e for chest, say on bench press:

Do your warm ups/buildup sets.
3 working sets @ 80-90 max weight (ie 6-8 rep range, maybe lower if you fancy a heavy session) but dropset the last two sets. So do one set as normal. The for the second do 6-8 reps, rack it, strip some weight off and go again straight away, try for as many as you can do then rack and repeat. Drop 3 times and after one of those done right come back and tell me if your idea of dropsetting every exercise 4 times was a good one. Then do it again and move on to the next exercise. Twice will be plenty for you.

Do your incline normally along wth cables/flies/decline whatever other three exercises you do. See how much harder they feel at your usual weights after a couple of dropsets on your first exercise.

Then repeat for tri's.

Try it with just one exercise to start with. Maybe your heavy one. Bench for chest and closegrip/skulls/dips for tri's. Hard to advise without knowing what your routine is like.

HTH's