View Single Post
Old 29-09-2011, 09:54 PM
teodosios
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freeked
Believe me....i've googled it like crazy. Other foruns, some in the USA, where the users run with ET35, say that's ok until there, below that, it's crazy rubbing and the arches need to be flared! This is, about 17x7J wheels!!
The standard wheels for the 1.6 focus mk1 are 52.5 offset (15" 6J). For the 49 offset of the 7J wheels,they tried to do their best at the ST170 so they could keep a good distance from the arches and also keep a good geometry for the suspension etc. They lowered the offset by only 3.5 mm. I believe that Ford has done its homework and you shouldn't go far away from what they believe is the ideal.
I know some guys that even with the ST wheels rub at the focus 1.6 (lowered by only 3.5mm and at our bad greek roads when allmost fully loaded).
I am allmost sure that you will rub.
My advise is that if you are gonna try to fit these wheels at any cost,you should try 205/45 (or 205/40 if you are too lowered) and nothing more than that. You should also pick some tires with little overall width(such as Hankook(like Ventus V12),Bridgestone etc and not something like Continental or michelin wich has a bigger one) so you could gain some extra mm milimeters.
If i'll find out what happens with the 37offset,i am gonna inform you.
Good luck! !