Old 15-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Theseus
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Csm
The rubber pipe/hose will have a metal jubilee type clip on it ... it bends to the right and connects to a metal pipe below the coilpack...

They are bad for going soft and splitting .... I just replaced mine on my 1.8 focus last night, car was running shite, rough lack in power, low idle and sometimes stalling etc etc, they also when soft colapse under throttle aswell (mine was both split and colapsed under throttle)

I got mine from ford parts for £12 posted (can give you part number if you wish)
yes please if your able

Sorry to revive this thread, newb here and joined as this is the second of three Focus's that ive owned with the problems described above.
My first 1.8 Zetec had the symptoms very bad, where the speedo needle would stop working and the engine would cut out at low speeds.

Just picked up another 1.8 Zetec, a 2000 Collection, and it has similar problems. It is fine at lower speeds but the accelerator pedal feels like it needs effort to get more power from the engine (which is there), at 50-70+ it develops that surging or near cutting out sensation, and sometimes after that you can feel the engine smoothly accelerating by itself, it is hard to maintain a constant speed in this condition.
There doesn't appear to be any other symptoms.

I have cleaned the MAF with electronic parts cleaner, and quickly inspected the hoses behind the engine. I can see a thickish hose above the intake manifold (seen when the throttle inlet pipe is removed) which seems sound, is this the one that causes problems?

I have odered a new Throttle Position Sensor aswel, purely to elliminate it from the equation.

I have had all sorts of nice cars, but I still think that the Focus is the best all round car ever made, just be nice to elliminate this bug, hopefully cheaply!

Appreciate any of your thoughts