Old 06-08-2011, 05:21 PM
24vcossiemat
no more Granada's for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
So if they paid out in full would you have minded paying monthly for insurance you owed them, despite no longer owning the car?

If so, then you'd be out of pocket to the same extent in the long run.

Otherwise there would be no reason for anyone to pay annually, as you could just make a claim a week into the policy, and then cancel it.

If that happened premiums would either go up MASSIVELY or all insurers would quickly go out if business.

The issue is really with you not understanding (or reading) the policy, rather than a fault with Swiftcover.

Probably not what you want to hear, but if you think about it it's perfectly reasonable.
i shall be staying with them as i have now paid for the year, but my problem is really that if i was 17, just bought my 3000 quid fiesta, paid 2.5 to 3 grand to insure it then wrote it off, i would expect to be able to replace it with the payout, thats what fully comp is for!!
as for it being a slightly pointless claim, i know what you all mean, but my work is so quiet at the mo i am paying out more than i have coming in so no money spare, hence why i had to claim, both me an the misses discussed not bothering but we are fucked without a car, hence fully comp insurance.. like a few are saying the point of fullly comp is to reimburse you for your loss. i havent claimed in 11 years so I think its a bit bad to leave someone without a car when they are paying for the right cover.. the idea of me putting this thread up is to warn others to read the t and c on there insurance so they dont end up in the same position as me.. i am waiting for them to get back to me with a decision on whether they will let me keep paying the monthly and give me the 500 in full so i can at least replace it with some form of car... however i do understand that in the t an c it says that if you claim you are obliged to pay the instalments in full for the year on most policies, so people are claiming then cancelling the insurance direct debit and the company loses out, i am the kind of person that has never done this.. i was with norwich union (aviva now) for 17 years with 2 claims in that period, but when they changed to there stupid foreign call centre's i changed to swiftcover as they where i bit cheaper, maybe i should have stayed where i was... but you live and learn i suppose

Thank you all for your input though.. its nice to see others views!! thats why i like this website..